Singapore for 2 @ 94k, courtesy Citibank and Yes Bank - Credit Cards, Points and Miles

Latest

I share my experience and knowledge on how to maximize points/miles on credit cards and get the maximum benefits while traveling or shopping or just about anything.

Friday 9 August 2019

Singapore for 2 @ 94k, courtesy Citibank and Yes Bank


Marina Bay Sands in the evening - 20101120 While we were planning a weeklong trip to Singapore this June, we got quotes from websites, vacation planners, tour operators etc. All of them were broadly in the range of 60-70k/person (i.e. 120-140k for a couple) and despite that they neither cover all the places we wanted to visit nor the entire cost. What it meant was our end-to-end trip would easily cost us ~150-170k.

It was then I decided to explore the power of credit card points and voila! Our Singapore trip in the end cost us just 94k i.e 47k/ person all inclusive, including visa and insurance charges. 

Here the major items where I saved lots of money:

Flight Tickets: Redeemed my Citibank Premiermiles points on MMT for flight tickets. End result – Return ticket for 2 which would have cost 46k on Singapore Airlines, we ended up paying just 4Rs. (It’s not a typo, just Rs. 4). So straight saving of 46000.

Hotels: We decided to stay in 2 hotels during our stay (Hotel Nostalgia and Yotel Singapore). Here too, I used my Yes Bank credit card points to book Hotel Nostalgia for 2 nights. Typical room cost is ~7400/night, but I paid just 119 for 2 nights (Again its not a typo, 119 for 2 nights for a boutique hotel in Singapore). Savings of ~14500.
For remaining days, I used MMT clubbed with Citibank offer where I saved ~8000 on the other 4 nights. 

Thus in all, using my credit card points and offers I straightaway saved ~70000 on flights and hotel bookings.

How do have so much points on cards? Simple! Put all expenses on credit card, be it utility bills, insurance premiums (life + medical), groceries, house rent, payment to dhoodhwala etc, just about everything on credit card.

Again, it’s not that I earned all these points in one year, these points have been accumulated over the last 2-3 years.

Will write more about the credit cards (Citibank Premiermiles and Yes Bank credit card) I use, plus other savings that I did on Singapore vacation in upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment